Custom work shirts are a valuable asset for company branding, employee morale, and overall professionalism. When workers are comfortable, they tend to be more productive — and with a wide range of styles for different jobs and industries, personalized work shirts ensure they’ll be appropriately attired whether they’re in the boardroom or the breakroom.
Take the guesswork out of dressing for success by outfitting your team with custom work shirts!
How to Choose Work Shirts for Your Business
Choosing the right work shirts for your business will help you establish a professional image and ensure your employees feel comfortable and confident in their attire. From casual polos and jackets to sweatshirts, vests, and dress shirts, there are plenty of choices for both men and women.
Here are some tips for selecting the right work shirts for your business:
- Reflect your company's style and culture through the design and color of your work shirts. Consider whether you want a traditional, formal look; a more casual and approachable style; or both — especially if Casual Fridays are a thing!
- Tailor the material and features of the shirts to the specific work environment and activities of your employees. Fabric properties such as stain-resistant, easy-care, moisture-wicking, and UV-protected will keep your employees comfortable in a variety of settings both indoors and out.
- Prioritize comfort and a flattering fit for your employees. Ensure the shirts are made from breathable and soft fabrics that allow for movement and flexibility. Get accurate employee measurements to ensure proper fit. Options for men and women range from small to plus sizes and big and tall fits.
- Consider how you want your company's branding to be displayed on the shirts. Options include embroidered logos, printed designs, or subtle accents that complement the overall style.
- Choose work shirts that can withstand regular wear and tear. Opt for fabrics with excellent wrinkle resistance, abrasion resistance, and colorfastness. Certain jobs and industries require more durable gear; we have a variety of shirts designed specifically for construction, safety, and outdoor work.
- Consult with your employees and gather their feedback on the proposed work shirts. Consider hosting a try-on session to ensure the fit and style are acceptable to the majority of your team.
Custom Work Shirt FAQs
Q: What are the benefits of custom work shirts?
A: Custom work shirts offer numerous benefits for businesses and employees. They help strengthen your brand identity, boost employee morale, provide a unified look, promote teamwork and collaboration, and reduce individual employee expenses.
Q: What fabrics are available for custom work shirts?
A: We offer several different types of fabric to appeal to a wide range of needs. Popular choices include cotton, for its comfort, breathability, and easy care; polyester, for its wrinkle resistance and durability; and cotton/polyester blends, which offer the comfort of cotton with the durability of polyester.
Q: What customization options are available?
A: Most Maple Avenue products can be customized with either embroidery, which is a great way to add your company logo or other branding elements, or screen printing, which is ideal for larger designs and logos.
Q: How do I care for my work shirts?
A: Properly caring for your work shirts will help them last longer, look their best, and save you money in the long run. Here are some tips for caring for your work shirts:
- Wash them regularly. Work shirts can get dirty quickly, so it's important to wash them regularly. However, don't overwash them, as this can cause them to wear out more quickly. Aim to wash your work shirts once they are noticeably dirty or after each wear.
- Use cold water. Cold water is gentler on the fabric of your work shirts and helps to preserve the color. Hot water can fade the colors and shrink the fabric.
- Turn them inside out. Turning your work shirts inside out will help to protect the fabric from wear and tear and prevent the stitching from coming undone.
- Hang them to dry. Hanging your work shirts to dry is the best way to prevent them from shrinking. If you must use a dryer, use the lowest heat setting and remove them as soon as they are dry.
- Spot clean stains immediately. The sooner you treat a stain, the easier it will be to remove. Use a pre-wash stain remover or a mild solution of soap and water.
- Take care of delicate fabrics. Delicate fabrics like silk or linen should be dry cleaned or hand washed.
Q: Do you offer quantity discounts?
A: We offer price breaks on custom work shirts based on quantity ordered and customization type (embroidery or screen print). Most discounts start when you order a minimum of 12 shirts and increase based on the overall number purchased. Each individual product contains a chart that displays the specific price breaks for that item.